Saturday, April 2, 2011

Awesome Chip hor d'ourves

I went to a party last winter and the hostess served the most marvelous hor d'ourve. It was really quite simple as well. When I had a birthday party at my home this past February I took that simple hor d'ourve added my own little twist and it became a big hit. With just three simple ingredients your guest will love this too.

Ingredients
One (1) bag of Tostitos "Hint of Lime" tortilla chips
One (1) block of pepper jack cheese
One (1) roll of Wampler Farms HOT ground sausage

Of course if you have a favorite brand you prefer, by all means try it. I have a hard time finding the "Hint of Lime" flavor sometimes but I have also used the "Hint of Jalapeno" flavor and it works just fine only with a slightly different flavor.

Pre-heat your oven to 375°

First brown and drain about a cup of ground sausage. Make sure you break up the clumps of sausage into "crumbs." After draining, set to the side. I like to spread them out on a paper towel to soak up as much grease as possible.
Get a cookie sheet cover it with aluminum foil (makes an easier cleanup). Open the bag of Tostitos "Hint of Lime" tortilla chips and select whole, unbroken chips and place them on the cookie sheet side by side.
Open the block of pepper jack cheese and slice off portions about the thickness of two pennies and place the cheese sections on the chips.
Next take the sausage crumbs and spread a little on top of each piece of cheese.
Place the sheet of chips in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese (for me it's usually about five minutes.
Remove from oven and serve.

If you don't get rave compliments from this recipe then your guests either don't like you, are lactose intolerant or are vegetarians!

No comments: